Once you have found a suitable care home, you and/or your family will no doubt be concerned about the best way to fund your care fees.
Most families wish to ensure that their relative can stay in the chosen nursing home for the rest of their lives as well as safeguarding as much of the existing capital as possible.
The Benefits of Financial Planning
- All current and future options can be considered
- Control your future without need to rely on the Local Authority
- Be confident that care requirements will be funded, no matter how long care is needed
- Stay in the chosen care home as long as this is the best care solution
- Benefits can often be paid tax-free and paid for life
- The family home (or its value) can be safeguarded
- Inheritances can be protected
Financial planning is a complex subject and it is important to talk to an appropriately trained and competent adviser.
To assist, a number of contacts are listed below:
CareAware – www.careaware.co.uk – 0161 707 1107
Independent Age – www.independentage.org – 0800 319 6789
Eldercare – www.eldercaregroup.co.uk – 0800 082 1155